Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Closest I have ever been to feeling like getting on the plane was a mistake

If anyone ever hears that I am flying inside of India and I say that I am flying on Indian Air. Please be sure to tell me that I am an idiot and remind me that I told everyone to never let me fly on them again!!!

And if anyone ever tells me that they are going to fly on them, I will stop you. Just know - never fly one this airline. Today flying back to Mumbai was the first time that I have every thought that I was on a plane that was not going to make it and I had not left the ground yet. This is also despite the fact that there were only coach class seats on the plane and it was over 100 degrees at 7 am in Chennai. Let's just say that there were people getting on the flight that had no shoes on. One last comment before I purge this memory from my brain - I was trying to smell anything on me to to not vomit. You know you are in a bad place when you are panicing that your seat belt is broken and you are wishing that you could smell your arm pits.

I made it to Mumbai finally.

It is funny here in Mumbai. The city is so congested that they built a freeway that goes out into the ocean/bay to get through the city. Interesting place.
I am back at the JW Marriott hotel in Mumbai and it has never felt so good. My meeting were a disaster yeaterday. I really don't like dealing with Indian people. After dinner I think that I have finally convinces the Swedes that the people we have been meeting with are not on the up and up. I have now been in contact with the people form US Commercial Services in Mumbai and they are gathering some information for me that support my case that we are being lied to.

Great day today.

When crossing the street to lunch this afternoon a (I think homeless) lady with no fingers grabbed my hair. It was special. I think that they are trying to keep me here. I begger also came up to the car and gave me the creeps today also. This on had no teeth and a hole in her cheek.

I hope that everyone is well and never has to come here.