Thursday, November 12, 2009

Trip to the Bangalore Airport

So I have been in India for a few days now and since the great Taj expedition I have basically been in meetings in hotels or traveling on a bus. So I have not seen much of the cities. This is my second trip to Bangalore, so I know that i really don't want to see anything, but I am a little stir crazy. It is starting to seel like I am being held hostage in my hotel. But I also know that the outside is not really something that I want to take in. Such a quandry.

All the people on the Trade Mission were originally supposed to fly from Bangalore to hyderabad on a 6:30 flight. This flight got cancelled and we all had to be re-booked. Most of the people left on a 3:30 pm flight, but 4 of us got left back to fly on a later flight at 5:30pm. So after the morning meetings at HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited) the 3:30 pm flight group took their box lunches and left for the airport. The otehr 4 of us went back to the hotel for lunch and then on to the airport for the later flight.


I figured that I could take a few photos on the way to the airport to share the Banaglore experience with you. So here you go with a few drive by photo's...
The beggars are great here.

Traffic in India is amazing. The horn honking. The bikes running in to the backs of cars. So nice.

I thought this sign was so funny as I could not figure out if there were lanes or if there are how many there are.
We finally made it to Hyderabad after our flight was delayed for an hour. The traditional 1 hour drive from the airport to the hotel was also nice. This is a photo of my room at the Chancery Pavillion. It is not too bad but it smells like India. Ok, it was not very clean, but the bed is huge.
I looked out the window from my room and there are pools. One of the pools has fish the look huge. Like small seals. Maybe the 4th floor is making them looking like an illution. I will check it out tomorrow.