Saturday, October 17, 2009

2009 Camp Pendleton ASYMCA Mud Run

Today I did the Camp Pendleton ASYMCA Mud run. I will admit, I was tired this week and was dreading it.



Now that it is over it was a lot of fun. I will do it again.
And yes...it was muddy.


Here is a picture of (my brother in law) Cory before the race. Cory and were each different on 5 person teams. We are clean and dry here.
4,000 people ran the mud run today. This is the team start. If you look really close you can see 2 people in black tank tops in the middle of the picture. I am the one on the right. You can kind of see where my hair is pinned up.
Most of the race is back in the base area where spectators cannot watch the race. If you look on the map you can see that the first half of the race is a big hill. There were Marines throughout the course with water hoses and stuff to torture us. There were a couple of walls that we had to climb over, a tunnel to run through, a river to cross.
This is in the final stretch of the run. They are not a flattering set of photo's, but I have been told that I need to put all photo's on the blog.

I was giving the signature Janet wave here.


The final mud pit is just before the finish line. I am the one going in here.

Here I am coming out of the mud pit. Here we are waiting for the boat anchors from our team to catch up so that we can finish together. I was so glad that I was not the last one in. I was 3 of 5 on my team to finish. Yeah!!
Here is a photo of the 2 teams from the gym after the race. We are a little dirty.
The race was a lot of fun. I would encourage others to do it. Totally worth it today. My knees are paying the price at the moment though.